Saturday, July 09, 2005

Punch Time

(1998) Like faith comes before belief, consistency comes before results...and only action puts faith and consistency into practice.

Sounds easy. Believe me, it's not.

In just 26 short years I have discovered one thing that I am sure of: Life cannot be fully enjoyed with all of God's blessings unless we first learn to live by consistent faith and persistent action. Symmetry is the key. The two go hand in hand. One requires the other and the other the same.
However, life doesn't seem bent towards making faith and consistency easy areas of our lives to master. Life continually deals us blows; blows that for many are the knockout punch. The game's over and then time begins its deathly toll.

Success itself is learning to overcome those punches, to pick oneself up, face the enemy and fight. Consistently throwing back punches (action) knowing that, in God's time (faith) the results of those efforts will be fruitful. Consistency of action produces mental toughness and emotional stability.

But knowing the formula doesn't make the mixture easy to put together. Putting faith and action together is a real struggle for me. Sometimes life's blows take away my punch, other times my punches weaken as my faith is shaken.

Have you been there? Are you working on something you know God has called you to do, but it just doesn't seem to be coming together? Has it caused you to doubt what you thought you knew?

I know where you’re at, because these are questions that often run through my mind. As you may know, I started a ministry called "Club J" in Ft. Worth, Texas. Many times I wondered during those days, "God is this really what I should do? When are you going to help me?"
But those times and those questions were there to lead me back to Him. Time after time I would struggle and find myself back in His arms. Like a father longs to be near his sons, even more so does God long to be near us.

When the times get tough and when the doubts creep in, go to the One who made you. He knows what you need to make it.

He'll give you back your punch.

“For You have been a shelter and a refuge for me, a strong tower against the adversary.” Psalm 61:3 (AMP)

© 1998, J. Brady
“I say it as I see it and I make no bones about it.”

No comments: