Friday, August 12, 2005

When Wrong Becomes Right

(1997) This morning I began to think about all the trials of 1996. You know, the ones we heard about everyday last year - Routier, Irvin, Simpson, Clinton, and others. As I sat there thinking about them, I was truly amazed at how our society has glorified the wrongs people have done, making light of them and only adding celebrity status to those who could use a little less of it.

Every week we hear the justification of what should undoubtedly be wrong while unmercifully neglecting the victim. Letting them endure the pain most of them live through the remainder of their lives alone. The perpetrators are now the victims according to the media and many in society.

However, I was also reminded by the Holy Spirit, of how Christ, Himself did that very thing for me. Though I have done so many things wrong in life, He has brought me out of the muck and made me a celebrity in His eyes! You too! For He has taken us all from wrong to right by the power of what Jesus did. We are all celebrities in His kingdom. He was the victim of our sin, but He lets us walk free.

To think my trial should have had a different outcome brings tears to me eyes. For we all who believe, were spared a life term, and in its place given life with no limits.

We are all wrong. It's Him who makes us right.


"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone and behold the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ...not counting men's sins against them." 2 Corinthians 4:17-19

© 1997, J. Brady
"I say it as I see it and I make no bones about it."

No comments: