Thursday, September 23, 2010

Quinn and the Lizard

I felt like a schmuck.

Here is what happened...

I came home to take over on kid duty. Getting ready to take the kids out for our favorite pizza run with good ol' Daddy.

"Everyone go get your shoes on," I said. The girls complied. As usual Quinn pretended to not hear and started wandering around.

A few minutes later...

"Quinn go get your flip flops on now!"

"But there is a lizard in there," he said with a very poor attempt at crying.

"Whatever!"

Knowing he pulls these kinds of stunts all the time, looking for any reason to not obey, I wasn't about to be fooled.

"Go get your flip flops now or we are not going!"

"Whaaa!" he started crying a little harder.

"Quinn!"

I began pushing him towards the small basket the kids kept their shoes in.

Still he refused, frustrating me more.

Finally, I gave in.

"Never mind...we don't have time for this."

I started digging around the basket for his flip flops. "See!" I proudly proclaimed, "There are no lizards in here."

Right about then he screamed and I looked down at my hand to see a large Gecko running around the outer edge of the basket!

"Holy crap!" I yelled. (I couldn't help it).

By then the girls had joined the commotion and everything ran from the scene screaming, including myself with the basket in hand.

Quickly I opened the front door and the little dude jumped off on the porch.

"I'm so sorry buddy!" I said while hugging a sobbing Q-ster. "There WAS a lizard in there!"

Thank God Father of the Year awards are later in the winter!

What a scene.

No comments: