Thursday, May 17, 2007

Yes, Dreams Can Come True

(1993) "You might think this is stupid," she said. "But I really think about this all the time. It's a dream of mine and one day it will be mine. I don't know how. But it will..."

As I listened to this friend of mine describe in detail how she had this one idea that was running like crazy around in her mind, I began to smile. Not in a negative way, but in recognition of her intent on seeing this event come true in her life.

Dreams can come true.

I believe each one of us, young or old, have our minds constantly filled with dreams we one day would love to fulfill. Unfortunately for most of us, we find ourselves on the routine rut of life and our dreams die on our pillow cases.

For me, the book you are reading right now began at an early adulthood age.

Dreams have always played a big part in my life. I dreamed of playing high school baseball and I did. I dreamed of being a high school newspaper editor and I did. I dreamed of getting a college degree and I did.

But why? Why do some of us attain our dreams, and others just dream about dreams? Why have mine come true and others not?

Looking back I can see a trend of success among young people as well as a trend of failure. Those that succeed find a way and work until it happens. Those that fail, stop dreaming and lose focus once was the motivating factor of life itself.

There are dreamers and there are wishers. Most people tend to be wishers. "I wish I could have a car like that...I wish that was mine...I wish I could make good grades...I wish I could date her." However, wishes can be wished away like the flame of a candle.

A dreamer on the other hand let's nothing stand in the way. Their eyes are focused and any intervening thing is recognized as an enemy. Nothing will stop them from seeing their ideas, their goals and their dreams coming to pass.

I encourage you to be a dreamer. Youth is the age of ideas, the age reason and the age of exploration. Explore your mind and prayerfully consider the dreams God has in store for you. He has big dreams for you to fulfill and see come to pass. Don't let yourself or Him down by letting trivial daily things get in your way. Knock them out of the way and say to the world..."Here I come!!!"

Remember the old true parable, if the dream is big enough, the facts just don't count!


“I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13


© 1993, J. Brady


"I say it how I see it and I make no bones about it."

No comments: